Max, 61, has many irons in the fire. In his Kreuzberg flat he runs an S&M studio where clients come to be tied up into submission. Many of Max’s friends are regulars. Dearest of them is his Ukrainian boyfriend Dima, who tries to get into the country permanently against all the odds bureaucracy throws at him.
Paperwork and little errands fill Max’s days. Dima doesn’t speak German, so Max has to do everything for him. Tensions and stress can’t break the calm of the former army commander. When Dima is diagnosed HIV positive, Max’s briefing is terse. For him it’s just another Post-it note matter.
The surrounding liberal city looks kindly on Max’s sexual entrepreneurship. When he stands by his building with a giant bag of condoms, neighbours smirk and ask for samples. Richard Rossmann isn’t telling a story about minorities or sexual politics. There’s not that much S&M to be seen since it’s just a job. Max is only a human being with a bit too much on his plate.
Text: Anton Vanha-Majamaa / Translation: Tapio Reinekoski
Director Richard Rossmann will be present at the screenings.
Language: German, English, Ukraine
- Name in Original Language: Max und die Anderen
- Director: Richard Rossmann
- Country: Austria
- Year: 2013
- Length: 78 min
- Age limit: K18
- Format: DCP / FHD
- Cinematography: Richard Rossmann
- Editing: Richard Rossmann
- Audio: Richard Rossmann, Mario Dancso
- Music: youguysmusicberlin
- Production: Richard Rossmann Filmproduktion
- Kinopalatsi 6: Friday 30.1. at 21:00
- Maxim 2: Saturday 31.1. at 22:30